Friday, July 9, 2010

RBS Building comparison

Recently, the sun was setting on the RBS building next to where I work in downtown Bridgeport, Conn.. I thought the scene was very beautiful. So, I decided to snap a few frames of the building, each one a different camera.



The first, above, is from a 3MP Fuji 6800z point-and-shoot I got for 30 dollars on Ebay. (Isn't Ebay great. LOL!) The resolution is interpolated in-camera up to 6MP. It's still a pretty quick and responsive camera for how old it is.



The second, middle, shot was made with a Kodak DCS-330 3MP Professional camera that I'm borrowing from a friend to play with. It's one of the first Kodak pro bodies to use a preview monitor in back. I believe the first was the DCS-315. Not 100% sure though. This image was the most saturated and contrasty of all the cameras.




The third, bottom, was made with the Kodak nc2000e that I've been using for a while now. It has been interpolated up to 3MP through Photoshop's RAW converter which opens the tiff file. What's also interesting is the crop factor. On the nc2000e, the 16mm fisheye lens used, clearly giving the widest view, with a 1.5X crop factor. That makes the 16mm a 24mm lens on the nc2000e. On the DCS-330 however, there is a 1.9 crop factor. That makes my 16mm a 30mm. On the Fuji, the widest end is a paltry 39mm. It's 3X zoom goes up to 108mm.

All have been sized to 200 DPI at 10 inches across. All were lightly toned or sharpened in Photoshop. Feel free the files to download to compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment