Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Apple QuickTake 150






I had a nice breakthrough the other day. I have an Apple QuickTake 150 that I got for like 5 bucks last winter. I took a few pictures with it but I didn't have the software to upload the photos to a computer. Then I got a hold of an old Mac Performa 6320cd with software for the QuickTake camera on it. I tried several times since trying to get the photos off using various ports and configurations. Then, all of the sudden, I tried one day last week and it worked! The software recognized the camera and the photos were able to be offloaded from the camera onto the computer. Then the challenge was getting the photos from it to my Intel iMac. I copied some of the photos to a few floppy disks (remember those?). Then I used a Microtech USB floppy disk drive. I was then able to open the photos in Photohop and upload them to this blog. Here's an article about the Apple QuickTake cameras, which were some of the first digital cameras for consumers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_QuickTake (The photos here were shot a few days ago around where I live in West Haven, Conn.)

PS I should have been covering the Times Square bomb plot which was unraveling in Bridgeport, Conn., but alas I was on my weekend! :-( So instead, I bring you this article about a long forgotten piece of digital history. Enjoy! :-)

1 comment:

  1. 12 Years later someone by the name of Clint would stumble upon this post and thoroughly enjoy the write-up and super cool pictures taken with the Apple Quicktake that goes with it! :D Glad to see you're still at the CTPOST and taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete