Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fresh Fest in Bridgeport, Conn.










Here are some high ISO pics from the Kodak nc2000e taken at the Fresh Fest Old School Reunion concert at the Arena at Harbor Yard in downtown Bridgeport, Conn. on Saturday May 15, 2010. I bumped the ISO to 1250 and 1600 and opened the raw tiffs in Adobe Bridge with CS4 RAW.

Interestingly, they all seemed about two stops underexposed, even though I was using the correct shutter speed and aperture based on the reading I was getting from the D3s and D2h I also was using.

I've also opened the same set of tiffs using the original software intended for the camera, an early version of Photo Mechanic called AP Viewer. It also has a plug-in for Photoshop which allows for the removal of moire pattern common in the old Kodak camera, due to the lack of an anti-aliasing filter. On a side note, a trial version of Band Aide (noise removal tool) was also part of the software, but I need a key to continue its use. (Any suggestions?) Anyway, the photos that looked two stops under in CS4 now look completely normal and right on in exposure. I can batch process the photos to jpeg but loose the ability to interpolate the images to 3.2 MP like you can in CS4 RAW.

So, it's a bit of give and take. I can get the better resolution but have to really dig deep into Photoshop to get the underexposed images to come back to normal, or I can have a well exposed image up front, but lack the higher resolution if I needed a photo for printing. Ah, the dilemma!

More photos from the concert are at my Flickr page here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikonman24/sets/72157623957197542/

No comments:

Post a Comment