Monday, May 21, 2012

DCS-720x sample photos

I was able to squeeze out a couple of photos with the Kodak DCS-720x. The batteries I have are bad and won't power the camera up more than a few seconds. I have to return them under the warranty for two new ones. Until then I won't get a chance to really see what this puppy can do. I was also amazed to find out that this camera has had only 386 frames shot on it in its whole life!! That means it's virtually a new camera. I couldn't believe it.

The files in the camera are the proprietary Kodak tiff that is a virtual digital negative and can be adjusted in all sorts of ways. White balance, exposure, sharpening can all be done without losing the original information in the photo. They also open easily in Abode Bridge on my Mac. I've downsized the files to 200 DPI at 9 inches across, which is what I size all my photos to, even ones I shoot in the D700 I use at work. There, the RAW files are just too big to use effectively when shooting sports so I just shoot on Normal JPEG setting. What's nice about the 720x is I can shoot a sporting event in the RAW tiff and it's still small enough to work with and with a 1 GB card, can still achieve almost 400 images.


No comments:

Post a Comment